A new year, accompanied by our Chakras!
It is normal not to always understand what is going on in our body and in our mind… But at the beginning of the year, we are going to try to solve this enigma together, among yogis. Indeed the answer lies in your chakras, and in the opening of these through the energy which passes through them. This is what we are going to try to interpret together so that you can later refocus and open this famous central psychic pathway.
Chakras, what are they?We have 7 main chakras which reside within us and which are arranged along the spine, but which are not necessarily aligned, and therefore not necessarily balanced. These spiritual centers which dwell in our body's energy channel “sushumna”, or “the central psychic voice”, continuously influence our physical and psychic life. You must therefore work and first align your “low” Chakras before reaching “Sahasrara” and “Ajna”, the 3rd eye that you surely know.
- The first chakra is located at the bottom of the spine, it is the “root” chakra nicknamed “Muladhara”. It is red in color and its element is Earth. Indeed, it embodies security and anchoring in the present moment. If you feel on guard, apprehensive about your surroundings, or feel like you are out of control in your daily life, then it's time to align this chakra with your body and mind!
- The second chakra is “Svadhisthana”, the sacral chakra. Its color is orange and it is located at the bottom of the belly, at the level of the navel. It is connected to passion, creativity, ideas and how we feel. By opening this chakra we can then find an inner balance conducive to overflowing imagination and creativity.
- The third chakra is "Manipura", the will. It is yellow, its element is fire and it is located at the level of the solar plexus. Getting to align this chakra with the others will allow you to carry out your projects, and take action, finally!
- The fourth chakra is “Anahata”, that of the heart. Its color is green, its element is air, it is located in the middle of the chest and it represents emotions and love for oneself and those around us. To align this chakra with your energies, you must be able to open up and see the beauty in the hearts of others.
- The fifth chakra is that of the throat, “Vishuddha”. It is blue in color and is linked to self-expression and honesty. By opening it we take a step to change things around us.
- The sixth chakra is the frontal “Ajna” chakra. Its color is indigo and it is located in the middle of the forehead. It allows us to acquire wisdom and not see things through their representation but through what they really are. It represents intuition, reality as it is. We often call it "the 3rd eye" to show that we must not be fooled by the illusion created.
- The seventh and highest chakra in us is called "Sahaswara", it is purple in color and is located in the middle of the head. The key to opening and aligning this last chakra is the alignment of all the previous ones. It is the ultimate goal as it represents higher spiritual awareness, enlightenment, and a disconnection from the physical world.
But then, how to open and align your chakras?
After having discovered together the particularity of each of the chakras present in us, you are surely wondering how to activate them, and especially to align them, to illuminate all the energies and feel healthy in body and mind!
Aligning your chakras can take time but it is quite doable thanks to energy techniques that allow us to bring out what is deepest in us.
Yoga and meditation are two fundamental paths on the road to opening, aligning and understanding yourself and your chakras!