For the start of the school year, we wanted, at YUJ, to set up new infra…Pilates classes!
Keeping our DNA, but to diversify the practices, always with the aim of doing good to body and soul, we offer you at YUJ, from next Friday, every Friday from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 5:30 p.m. 6:30 p.m., in our studio in Boulogne, Pilates classes on mats, under infrared lights, punctuated by the voice of our teacher Pénélope.
The principle of the Pilates method is a global approach to the body intended to strengthen the deep muscles responsible for posture and ensure a good balance of the body through physical exercises and deep breathing.
But then, Pilates or Yoga? What is the difference ?
The Pilates method consists of correcting bad postures, restoring physical vitality and stimulating the mind and the student, until then, like Yoga.
Simply, in Pilates, the postural base of the different blocks of exercises is defined as “the energy center”: the abdominal box.
The results of this method are promising and are based on 8 main principles:
- Breathing : we breathe deeply (inhalation through the nose, exhalation through the mouth) with the chest, taking care not to inflate the abdomen. This technique allows better use of the lungs and tones the abdominals.
- Concentration and centering : each movement, each breath must be made in full awareness and come from the center of gravity, the abdominal strap.
- Control of movement: prefer the quality of movement to the quantity.
- Fluidity : Pilates is slow for deep muscle engagement. It is the coordination between the nervous system and the musculo-articular system that allows this fluidity.
- Precision : the exercises follow each other in a precise way by eliminating parasitic movements.
- Stability: the immobility of a part of the body and more precisely of the torso.
- Relaxation: in order to relax and release your muscles and to work your amplitudes as well as possible.
Regarding the benefits, they are multiple and join those of yoga. They allow to:
- Alleviate spinal pain (in other words, any back pain).
- Improves posture and balance.
- Sculpts the silhouette by firming the muscles and releasing tension.
- Lengthens the muscles and strengthens the myotatic reflex (relationship between nervous and muscular systems).
- Strengthens the abdominal strap.
- Increases joint amplitudes.
- Improves breathing and its rhythm.
- Maintains coordination of gestures.
- Brings mental well-being.
- Brings general relaxation.
- May also have a beneficial cardiovascular effect and improve physical condition.
- Help with general rehabilitation.
And then some will certainly ask themselves the question, for whom, when and how?
For who ? Everyone. Non-violent exercises, neither traumatic for the body allow everyone to be able to practice whatever your physical or mental form. This method, like yoga, is progressive and can be adapted to everyone.
When ? Gentle practice to practice without moderation, we advise you to do 1 Pilates class per week in addition to 1 or 2 dynamic Yoga classes (Gentle fow, flowmix 1 or 2) or gentle (yin yoga).
How ? On mats, barefoot, in our YUJ YOGA STUDIO in Boulogne (We give you the address: 162 Rue d'Aguesseau, 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt) from Friday September 9, 6:30 p.m.
Find our sessions on our YUJ YOGA STUDIO website.
See you soon !
Namast' Hey yogis! 🙏